Over the past month I’ve looked at how to implement a Windows 7-style notification area application in WPF.
I covered 6 different topics:
- Part 1: Removing Border Resize
- Part 2: Notify Icon Position – Windows 7
- Part 3: Taskbar Position
- Part 4: Multiple Monitors & Working Area
- Part 5: Fixing Aero Border Padding
- Part 6: Notify Icon Position – Pre-Windows 7
As promised, I’ve put together a small sample project to illustrate all this code working together (with some added polish):
42,775 bytes; SHA-1: 513E998F4CCFC8C5BB6CA9F8001DA204C80FDF3A
The code has a good level of documentation, but I recommend you read the above posts to understand the ideas behind it.